Order today for all of your events

PLACE YOUR ORDER by sending us an email at CakePopFusion@gmail.com or visiting our Etsy Shop. Custom orders are welcome!

Monday, April 25, 2011

When the Day Gives You Lemons, You Make Lemonade..... or Something Like That!

For some reason, I was having serious issues with my white chocolate almond bark when I was trying to finish up some Pineapple Orange Coconut Easter pops.  They were out of white Candy Melts at the store, so I picked up the almond bark that everyone else has been raving about.  Hmmmmm.......  I must've been doing something wrong, because it kept clumping!  No matter what I tried, it just wouldn't dry smooth and nice on the pop.  Ugh.  So I did what I had to..... I frosted each of the pops instead of dipping.  Of course, they looked like they were frosted rather than dipped.  Duh, Pia!  What to do, what to do?  Bingo!  I tinted some of the chocolate blue and some of it green, frosted just the tops of the already-white-frosted pops, nudged the new icing down the sides a bit, added sprinkles and a Red Hot, et voila!  Those wonderful Sundae pops that I've seen around!  Yay!!




I also put some chocolate into a piping bag, piped swirls on some of the pops, and added sprinkles.  Woohoo!! Saved!  And they didn't turn out half bad, if I do say so myself.




Where there's a will, there's a way!

And of course, I stocked up on white candy melts next time I went to the store.  You won't catch me in the same bind twice!  I hope....!

~ Pia

No comments:

Post a Comment