Order today for all of your events

PLACE YOUR ORDER by sending us an email at CakePopFusion@gmail.com or visiting our Etsy Shop. Custom orders are welcome!

Monday, April 25, 2011

What a Whirlwind Weekend!!!


So Friday was my birthday.  I turned a young and spritely 45!  Yay me, ha ha!  I spent the day with my two youngest children (okay, they're both adults now but they're still my babies!).  We did regular "life" stuff -- my daughter had a dental appointment and both kids went to the gym while I shopped at Michaels with a 50% off coupon -- and then we went to a movie!  And I didn't have to pay, either!  NICE!  After the movie, Kat had class so Ricky and I hung out online 'til she was done.  All in all, it was a very good day!

Deliciousness from Vanilla Bake Shop in Santa Monica

On Saturday, we went up to Santa Monica to visit my brother -- we celebrated both my birthday and Easter, and we just all enjoyed being together for the day.  He totally spoiled us, all day long!  First, he presented me with a whole dozen Baby Bites cupcakes that he had bought for me from Vanilla Bake Shop in Santa Monica.  Then we had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory at the Grove, but only after grabbing a canoli pastry at the Farmer's Market.

Yep, one million dollar car -- both kids want it!

Then we went to the Petersen Auto Museum (lots of way cool vehicles there, and even a chance to try your reflexes in a drag racing simulator!), the La Brea Tar Pits (where Ricky discovered a whole new little tar pit in the grass, but we left it for someone else to discover later), and a movie on the Santa Monica Promenade.  While we were walking at the Tar Pits, my eldest daughter Selina called to sing me part of a song that she's writing for me!  What???  Oh yes!  So awesome!!  We ended the night with a late (like 10pm) supper at a little restaurant in Santa Monica.

Cool lamp post sanctuary

"I will dance with it"

Rob takes a pic of Kat while talking to Selina on the phone

Ricky discovers the new tar pit

Kat drove up to Santa Monica, Rob (my bro) drove around town while we were there, and Ricky drove home.  Now that was a special treat, too -- I didn't have to drive anywhere!  Just icing on the cake of a beautiful birthday weekend!

Sunday was Easter Sunday.  ALLELUIA!!  HE IS RISEN!!  We went to church and met the new baby of a couple of friends, then hung out at home, then ran to the pub for supper to see a couple of other good friends perform.

And today, I'm OFF!  So I get to relax a little, catch up on housecleaning, and get some sleeeeeeeep!  Thank God for such an amazing 3-day weekend with some of the most amazing people.  I am blessed indeed.

~ Pia

No comments:

Post a Comment