Let's get to know each other better, shall we? This is just a fun blog hop. No giveaways, no contests, nor mandatory entries. Just some good, clean fun and a chance to connect a little more with one another! Ready?
Post 25 random things about you. Try not to make them things that you use as security answers on your various online accounts, though! Just some fun, random stuff that you think we might all like to know.
Then go visit the Randomosity blog and add the URL to your blog POST (not your main blog, but the specific post) at the bottom of the 25 things About Me Blog Hop post.
Last, go visit the other bloggers and leave a comment if you want! Fun, right? Here we go!
Here are my 25 Random Things about Me
1. I am the eldest of two in my family but I have 11 older half siblings I've never met.
2. All my drinks MUST have ice in them. No joke. Water, soda, juice, everything's gotta have ice.
3. My grandfather was an Associate Justice on the Philippine Supreme Court.
4. When I was younger (around 10-12 years old), I used to lock myself in the bathroom, stand on the edge of the bathtub, and sing & dance like I was on stage. But then I refused to perform in front of an actual audience, ha ha!
5. The only way I'll drink coffee is if it's just a splash in my hot cocoa.
6. I absolutely love Winnie the Pooh, and have since 4th grade when my teacher had a life-size Pooh doll in the classroom. But ask me which character I most identify with, and I'll tell you it's Piglet in a heartbeat. Piglet and I are like peas in a pod! Or..... pigs in a blanket.....
7. Bugs and I do not get along. And by bugs I also mean lizards, snakes, and generally any creepy crawly creature.
8. I've been at such a low point in my life that when my kids and I served at a soup kitchen when they were younger, we envied the food that we were serving to the homeless there. After giving out potatoes and beef stew and dessert, we went home to our Ramen and bread.
9. I have 4 children, have been married and divorced, and had my attempted marriage annulled -- I've been a single mom for 11 years.
10. My all-time favorite meal is mashed potatoes and meatloaf -- or Spam and fried rice. It's a toss up. :)
11. My grandparents are both published authors. That's probably where I get my love for the written word.
12. I've been an independent demonstrator for Discovery Toys, Stampin' Up!, and Creative Memories.
13. My first language was Spanish. Then I spoke English. Then I took Spanish in high school and got A+'s in my Spanish Honors class. And I can hardly speak nor understand it now.
14. My favorite song as a little kid was Knock Three Times by Tony Orlando and Dawn.
15. I failed my first driver's license test. But I passed the second time. :)
16. I started wearing glasses in 7th grade.
17. Scary movies are WAY too scary for me. So I skip them if I can.
18. I play guitar and a little piano, and I sing. My eldest & youngest daughters and my son are all very musical, and my second daughter sings like a bird though she doesn't think so.
19. When I was pregnant for the first time, I kept thinking of the movie Alien and scaring myself silly every time the baby moved. (See number 17!)
20. I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois and I hate being cold.
21. I love to read. I mean, I really love to read. If there isn't a book or a magazine handy, I've been known to read the phone book. And jar labels.
22. I love to be creative, whether it's writing or jewelry making or baking or scrapbooking or any other crafty thing. Just getting to make something makes me happy.
23. I take photographs of EVERYTHING.
24. I am lactose intolerant to the point of ridiculousness.
25. My favorite sound in the whole, wide world is listening to my kids make music. Even if they're just tinkering around.
Well, there you go. 25 random things about me. Now it's your turn!
Make your own 25 Random Things about Me blog post, then hop over to the Randomosity blog to add your POST URL and visit some of the other hoppers. Have fun!
I'm off to get to know some of our fellow bloggers now myself. :)