We don't get a lot of snow in San Diego. But we do love snowmen! Kat let her creative juices flow a few weeks ago and made these cute treats for our Christmas Boutique. She hand painted their faces and everything! They are available in our Etsy shop, made fresh for you to give away or enjoy -- or both -- this holiday season. No muss, no fuss, just place your order and you'll find a dozen of these whimsical guys in your mailbox by Christmas!
Want to make some of your own? Read on, my friend.... read on!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
large marshmallows -- three for each snowman
mini M & M candies -- three for each snowman
melting chocolate in white chocolate and milk chocolate varieties
edible markers (we use Americolor brand)
12-inch lollipop sticks -- one for each snowman
microwaveable bowls for melting the chocolate
tall drinking glass for dipping
styrofoam block or wooden cake pop stand (KCBakes has some awesome stands!)
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
1) Melt your white chocolate by placing it in a microwaveable bowl and popping it in the microwave at 50% power for several minutes. You will need to stir the chocolate every 30 seconds to be sure it heats evenly and doesn't scorch. When it's nice and smooth, it's ready to use.
2) Prepare your snowmen. Skewer three marshmallows on each stick, sliding them down as necessary and being sure they are snug up against each other. Don't let the stick poke out of the top marshmallow; only go about halfway through that one.
3) Pour your melted chocolate into a drinking glass so it's about 3/4 full. Dip your skewered marshmallows by turning the stick upside-down and dipping 'til the chocolate covers the last marshmallow completely and overlaps onto the stick.
4) Carefully pull the whole thing out. Life straight up so nothing touches the sides of the glass, or your snowman will look all funky. Let the excess chocolate drip off, then add the three mini M & M's on the front before the chocolate dries. These will be the snowman's buttons.
5) Place the dipped treat upright into your styrofoam block or pop stand.
6) Repeat for all the snowmen, re-melting the chocolate as necessary to keep it fluid.
7) Melt your milk chocolate by following the instructions in Step 1 above.
8) One at a time, dip just the very top of each snowman into the milk chocolate. This will be the snowman's hat. Let the excess drip off, then place each snowman back into the stand.
9) Using your edible markers, paint the face and arms onto each snowman.
That's it! All done and ready to wrap in cellophane and give to your family and friends!
We hope you have fun making this treat! And if you don't want to make it yourself, feel free to let us do all the work -- just click here to order our Snowman Christmas Treats and we'll have them in your hands by Christmas.